Higher Talent has specialized knowledge in employment and human rights legislation. We are skilled at helping organizations write and interpret customized HR policies, procedures, and employee handbooks.
Why do employers require robust, legislatively compliant policies?
1. TO REDUCE OR AVOID LITIGATION
- employment standards compliance;
- health & safety compliance;
- human rights compliance;
- pay equity compliance; and
- AODA compliance (Ontario).
2. TO SUPPORT GOOD EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- reduce workplace conflict;
- outline criteria for management decisions;
- reduce frequency and overall number of grievances;
- support consistent treatment of staff;
- create real perception of fairness and transparency;
- protect from the pressures of expediency;
- increase employee communication on HR topics; and
- increase employee engagement.
3. TO ESTABLISH CLEAR ORGANIZATIONAL STANDARDS & EXPECTATIONS
- provide guidance for new hires and existing employees;
- create your organization’s brand;
- delineate roles and responsibilities;
- improve upon records and documentation practices;
- document best practices appropriate to the organization ;
- contribute to desired workplace culture; and
- align with organizational strategy, goals, and values.
CONTACT US to request a quote.