Higher Talent is currently seeking highly motivated candidates for the position of Chief Financial Officer for our client, Genoa Design International.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. We offer our employees a flexible work environment to help balance the needs of life and work. With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors. To find out more, click: https://genoadesign.com/
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer is knowledgeable in all aspects of financial management and has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, where delivering shareholder value is at the forefront. The CFO is a highly motivated executive who clearly understands business strategy as the key architect of the company’s financial processes, systems, and control processes. This role is involved in multiple projects with diverse partners throughout North America.
- Provide executive leadership to the company’s finance functions
- Oversee reporting and metrics related to company health
- Mitigate risks related to financial health and company performance
- Support the company’s sales, growth and strategic ambitions
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 10+ years of diverse, senior leadership experience gained in a similarly dynamic, fast-paced environment Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred) in an accounting, business or finance-related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of finance, forecasting, job costing and working closely with financial institutions Previous experience implementing new financial software considered an asset
- Experience in acquisitions considered an asset
- Proven experience as a CFO considered an asset
- Strong presentation skills and influential nature
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts, both verbally and in writing, with ease and clarity
- Effective skills in strategic planning, departmental management and business analysis
We know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications and you don’t need all the listed credentials to add incredible value to the team. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you. If you are an initiative-taking, dynamic leader, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Krista Tapper, Senior HR Consultant | email@example.com
Higher Talent Inc. | www.highertalent.ca
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.