Higher Talent is currently seeking dynamic and passionate candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer for our client, Newfoundland & Labrador Construction Safety Association (NLCSA), located in Mount Pearl, NL.
WHO WE ARE:
NLCSA is an industry-driven, not-for-profit corporation committed to providing cost-effective, affordable, and accessible safety training and advisory services to the construction industry in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Our Mandate is to provide pro-active safety and safety-related programs and services to the construction industry in the province that result in a sound foundation for a healthy and profitable industry. Our key offering is the Certificate of Recognition® (COR®) program, which is specifically designed to help companies institute an effective health and safety management program. In addition, the program emphasizes current safety training, legislative, and due diligence obligations that both employers and workers have under the OH&S Act and Regulations. To learn more about WHO WE ARE, please visit: https://nlcsa.com/about/.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer leads and manages the initiation, development, and implementation of all NLCSA’s programs, services, and activities. This involves developing and maintaining external networks with member firms, construction unions, WorkplaceNL, government, founding associations, suppliers, national sister associations, and community groups. Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership – lead the development and implementation of short and long-term strategic plans including sound board governance practices and policies.
- Operational Planning & Management – develop and execute an annual operational plan that supports the goals, objectives, and strategic direction of the association.
- Program Planning & Management – oversee the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of programs including current and relevant curriculum development, audit programs, and comprehensive member services.
- Human Resource Planning & Management – lead, coach, and mentor team members to ensure a positive, healthy, and safe work environment. Develop and implement all related HR policies, procedures, and procedures.
- Financial Planning and Management – develop a comprehensive budget and ensure sound internal controls are in place for accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Community Relations/Advocacy – serve as principal spokesperson for NLCSA and to promote and represent the association at events. Develop and maintain impactful and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders to help achieve the goals and objectives of the association.
- Risk Management – lead NLSCA’s mandate of lowering the frequency and severity of workplace injuries and incidents and improving the competitive advantage of the industry through effective loss control measures and heightened awareness of occupational health and safety issues across the construction industry.
- Marketing, Communications and Revenue Development – provide strategic guidance and direction to successfully achieve financial goals and objectives of the association.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 10+ years of progressive senior leadership experience, preferably in a safety related construction organization.
- University degree in business, engineering, technology, or safety-related discipline.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or equivalent designation would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the construction industry, including familiarity with OH&S Act and Regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in member relations, public advocacy, and collaborative government relations.
- Exceptional strategic leadership and operational planning skills including strong financial acumen.
- Well developed communication, interpersonal, media relations, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, priority setting, and critical thinking skills.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYMENT EXCELLENCE:
- We offer an attractive Total Compensation package including a comprehensive Benefits Program, Group RRSP, vehicle allowance, and cell phone.
- Travel throughout Newfoundland and Labrador including national/international travel may be required including the ability to work flexible hours as needed.
We know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications and you don’t need all the listed credentials to add incredible value to NLCSA. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you. If you are a dynamic and passionate leader, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | email@example.com
Higher Talent | https://highertalent.ca/
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the associations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.