Higher Talent has partnered with Tulip Media in search of a Chief Executive Officer. Tulip Media has been in business since 2013 and has survived the Startup years. The company has a very profitable business model and huge opportunity for growth.
Tulip Media Group started as a custom publishing company, coordinating, design, printing and distributing customized magazines and newsletters for Client-Partners across North America. In recent years, we have expanded to include a suite of digital marketing services to fuel revenue growth for our Client-Partners. Our full service offering now includes four components:
- Custom Print Publications. We create fully customized print magazine or newsletter for Client-Partners to optimize engagement with their existing customers.
- Online Paid Advertising. We will setup, manage and optimize pay-per-click (PPC) marketing on Google and various social media sites.
- Online Content Marketing. We will coordinate, write and publish keyword optimized articles/blog posts for our Client-Partners’ website blogs and social feeds.
- Website Conversion Strategies. As one of only two StoryBrand Certified Agencies in Canada, we leverage the StoryBrand process to build out a strategy and messaging that converts online traffic into qualified opportunities automatically for our Client-Partners.
Our programs show real results and create a consistent stream of qualified opportunities for our Client-Partners with measurable success.
Our purpose is to “Fuel the Revenue Growth of Our Client-Partners Through Effective Marketing Strategies That Work!” Our philosophy towards online marketing is that we care less about the number of Facebook likes and website traffic generated than we do real results – the number of times we make a Client-Partner’s phone ring, a meeting with a prospect booked in their calendar or someone reaching out to learn more about what they have to offer.
It is an exciting time for Tulip Media. With our profitable and scalable business model, we can grow our company into a real marketing powerhouse. We are currently serving approx. 30 Client-Partners in both Canada and the U.S. and are looking to grow to over 100 Client-Partners and $5MM in sales (all monthly recurring revenue, MRR) over the next few years. This growth is not going to be easy. We have struggled with it ourselves for the past few years, however, with the right leadership, we believe we can achieve it!
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) will be to take full accountability for company operations as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), as the current CEO hands over the reigns to free up his time to pursue other business interests. As CEO, you will join our small team and become an integral part of our growth and expansion.
For the first six months, you will join the company as Operations Manager, and will train in the various parts of our business. During the first six months, the CEO will slowly transition accountability for managing most parts of business operations to you. Following a successful six- month performance review, the expectation is that you will be promoted to CEO.
In this role, the CEO will eventually have full accountability for:
- Creating company strategy and map out our 3-year strategic growth plans with the team.
- Formulating a clear plan to operationalize company strategy based on 90-day rhythms.
- Work with the team to assist and strategies on closing sales.
- Managing your own sales pipeline and closing sales for the company.
- Drive growth and production results through disciplined execution of the company plan.
- Coach, lead and manage our small, yet extremely high-performing team of professionals (4 people now, with plans to grow to 12+).
- Manage operations in a way that optimizes profitability while achieving growth goals.
- Solve complex problems and proactively mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Develop strategies that ensures operations runs smoothly and profitably.
- Develop and evolve new processes that increase operational efficiencies while also increasing the effectiveness of our programs for our Client-Partners.
- Monitor the company’s finances ensuring strong results for all stakeholders.
- Foster growth in our people, promoting and living our five Core Values (below).
- Ultimately become the head of the company, running all aspects of operations.
Tulip Media Group is a hybrid virtual/in-person company. This means that as CEO, you will be working mostly from your home office, with monthly and quarterly in-person meetings with your team. This position requires someone who is a natural leader, focused, very disciplined, energetic, hard-working and believes they have what it takes to lead a fast-growth company. Joining our team, you will be expected to live our five core values:
- Complete Client-Partner Dedication.
- Act & Think Like an Entrepreneur.
- Relentless about Quality, Ease & ROI.
- Leadership, Teamwork & Open Communication.
- Embrace & Drive Change.
You will be expected to perform and hold ultimate responsibility for the company. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record when it comes to building and leading successful people & organizations. You will be joining a team of high-performing individuals, who are very dedicated, hard-working, and passionate about their work, and have extremely high expectations. Earning their respect is not going to be easy and will require strong leadership. Your performance will be measured by the success of our three stakeholders:
- Company Success – Through top-line and bottom-line growth.
- Team Success – Through productivity growth & engagement.
- Client-Partner Success – Through marketing results and satisfaction.
As CEO, you will earn a competitive compensation package that is comprised of a base salary plus variable pay. The compensation plan also includes health benefits, an unlimited vacation policy and eventually, equity in the company! The recurring revenue model of our programs means that business builds up over time for the life of the Client-Partner (usually lasting several years).
At Tulip Media, we develop people and invest heavily into our team. As such, we are looking for someone who is passionate about continuous learning, reading and advancing their knowledge & skills. Joining our team means you will be joining an entrepreneurial culture that is very focused, dedicated, passionate & hard-working, but at the same time has a lot of fun!
You can learn more about us at TulipMediaGroup.com.
Brendan Hagerty |Manager of Business Development & Senior Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher talent | www.highertalent.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.