Higher Talent is currently seeking a dynamic leader for the position of Chief Financial Officer for our client, Nutra Holdings, located in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Our Story – From Humble Beginnings to Global Impact:
Nutra Holdings was formed in 2014 with the vision to create a platform for fueling peak human performance, one product at a time. Our ambition is simple: to build the highest quality active nutrition portfolio in the world. Our flagship brand Jacked Factory launched in 2015 to disrupt a market that at the time was filled with under-dosed, over-priced, ineffective sports nutrition products. Over the years we have expanded our brand holdings while staying true to our core principles. Nutra Holdings has grown to 3 brands, hundreds of skus, and millions of customers, as we continue to fulfill our mission of building an industry-leading sports nutrition platform while staying true to our roots. To find out more, click on https://nutraholdings.com/.
The Opportunity – The Big Picture:
Nutra Holdings is looking for a cross functional finance leader to lead the accounting function, setup systems to support rapid growth, understand omni-channel growth, and lead a high-performance finance team.
The Role – What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible to:
- Lead all financial and administrative functions including accounting, finance, FP&A, legal, and potentially HR.
- Help create an engaging and productive working environment where all team members, regardless of background, feel empowered to succeed, and are awarded appropriately.
- Ensure monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements (P&L, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet) are prepared accurately, on time, and in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Provide insight and trusted counsel to the executive team on all financial and administrative matters.
- Collaborate with the executive team to set the strategy for the business, define the company’s and individual team’s goals, and execute the company’s plan for growth.
- Define the vision for the finance team, and then recruit and lead a team of high-performing individuals to execute on that vision.
- Assess and ensure maintenance of internal controls and financial procedures; ensure all accounting methods are correct and meet relevant compliance standards.
- Ensure all accounting and finance systems, processes, tools, and control systems are correct and up-to-date.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/annual budgeting and financial planning process; work closely with the executive team to ensure KPIs are defined and being tracked.
- Implement cost controls where necessary to ensure the company hits its financial plan.
- Support the CEO in M&A and banking activities including ownership of cash flow management and planning.
- Capital allocation insights with respect to all spend (marketing, capex, growth capital for M&A, etc.)
Our Ideal Candidate – What You Bring to the Team:
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance including a Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Extensive experience managing the primary financial and administrative functions including accounting, finance, FP&A, and legal; previous oversight of HR is a plus!
- D2C, retail experience in a high growth environment is another plus point.
- Demonstrated success overseeing the budgeting and financial planning process.
- Strong track-record of partnering with executive team members to create and execute their respective financial plans; this includes setting and tracking KPI’s.
- Exceptional skill in financial analysis and communication that you’ll use to explain complex financial impacts clearly and concisely.
- Prior M&A experience on the buy-side and sell-side an asset.
- Strong technical skills across accounting, finance, FP&A, and legal.
Our Environment – Culture, Values, Team, Benefits:
- We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Our culture is about playing to win, enjoying the process, and putting in the effort to go above and beyond for our customers.
- Our commitment to customer satisfaction doesn’t stop at the point-of-sale. In fact, that’s just the beginning. We want our customers to stick around for life, and we are committed to fueling their ‘unfinished’ journey through product, inspiration, education, and ongoing support.
- Our team is a dynamic group of professionals that practice what they preach. They bring a broad range of skills that allows Nutra Holdings to combine the best in brand, product, and amplification to drive growth and create amazing customer experiences.
- We offer a very competitive total compensation package including benefits (health & dental insurance, vacation, EFAP, healthy living account, etc.).
If you are a cross functional dynamic finance leader and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today! Don’t have everything but think you would make a positive impact to this fun and growing team, apply! This role doesn’t need previous CFO experience, and an “up and comer” that has a growth mindset is also very attractive to the Nutra Holdings Team!
For more information, please reach out to:
Christine Phillips | Senior HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher Talent | https://highertalent.ca/
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.