Higher Talent is currently seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time position of Director – Industrial for our client, DF Barnes, based in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
WHO WE ARE:
At DF Barnes, we build and maintain great things! We provide innovative fabrication, industrial construction, rigging and vessel maintenance services to support the growing needs of our clients. Although the challenges are ever changing, our integrity, professionalism and commitment to quality remains the same. When we build great things, our clients win. To learn more about DF Barnes, please visit https://www.dfbarnes.com/about/.
As Director – Industrial, you will serve as a senior strategic and operation leader working closely with the Executive Team of DF Barnes to proactively identify industrial opportunities, oversee industrial project operations, and maintain strong client, employee, and labour union relationships. You will provide direction on all matters that impact project operations, client relations, contracts, and stakeholder engagement in the Industrial Group. Most importantly, as a key face of DF Barnes, you will build strong relationships with our clients while being visible and respected in the community.
- Create best-in-class project operations including identifying and mitigating risks within the Industrial Group.
- Support HSEQ, Commercial, Quality, HR/IR, and Project/Site Managers in the safe and efficient delivery of projects.
- Oversee pre-qualification and bidding activities for large Industrial pursuits.
- Coordinate resources amongst various business units to build effective bidding teams.
- Recommend and update senior leaders on all matters related to project operations and performance including profitability, safety, schedule, and other strategic key pursuits in the Industrial Group.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to pursue strategic opportunities beyond the Industrial space.
- Foster strong relationships with local, regional, and provincial Government bodies.
- Support the development of long-term strategic plans for the Industrial Group.
- Collaborate with the Business Development & Client Relations group to identify and pursue new opportunities.
- Monitor performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made and take corrective action if necessary.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experienced industry leader (10 years – offshore, fabrication, industrial, mining, construction) who is comfortable working at both the strategic and tactical level.
- Relevant degree or diploma (e.g., Engineering, Business), Professional Technologist (PTech), and/or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET).
- PMP® (Project Management Professional) certification would be considered an asset.
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills and can build seamless working relationships across our organization and with key stakeholders.
- Ability to implement effective action plans which take advantage of opportunities for generating positive results.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Possess natural confidence but are low ego and are known as a candid team player who is open-minded and patient in your approach to strategic planning and business in general.
- Results oriented with an appreciation and commitment to quality and safety.
- Thrive on challenges and successes and maintain a strong commitment to make our short and long-term business plans a reality.
WE PUT PEOPLE FIRST:
- We are engaged in living our core values of Be Innovative, Have Fun, Take Care of Each Other, and Build Great Things.
- So why join our team? In a nutshell: because we innovate where others don’t, we reward what others miss, and we imagine what others wouldn’t dare.
- We offer a competitive Total Compensation plan including Bonus Program eligibility, Group Insurance Plan, Group RRSP, as well as a fun, stimulating work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a strategic operations leader who is curious and willing to challenge the status quo and is always looking for ways to improve and progress, join the DF Barnes team today! For more information, please contact:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Higher Talent | https://www.jumpcareers.ca/
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.