Our Client, Fogo Island Co-operative Society Ltd., is seeking a new Director of Finance and Administration.
The Fogo Island Cooperative Society Limited is a community-based cooperative that was established in 1967 to ensure the people of Fogo Island had viable options to resettlement. With 400+ members, the Co-op is an important economic driver on Fogo Island and is dedicated to supporting the economic development of our island community. In addition to three Processing Plants located in the communities of Fogo, Joe Batts Arm, and Seldom, the Co-op operates a Marine Centre, Retail Store, Motel, Laboratory, and a Corporate Office.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Director of Finance & Administration to join the senior management team. Reporting directly to the General Manager & CEO, the ideal candidate must be a self starter and be capable of working in a fast-paced environment where the challenges are different from day to day. This position is located on Fogo Island.
- Manage and oversee all accounting operations
- Prepare timely monthly Financial Statements and reports
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team in developing annual budgets and sales projections
- Prepare year end working papers and Financial Statements
- Manage and provide leadership to union and non-union team members
- Additional duties as required
- Accounting Diploma, Commerce or Business Degree, Professional Accounting Designation (preferred, but not required), or any combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years management experience in all aspects of finance and accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and procedures
- Experience with creating Financial Statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with teammates and clients alike
- Exhibits strong decision-making skills
- Has an ability to understand and manage risk
- Knowledge and/or experience in the fishing industry would be considered an asset, but not a requirement
The Co-op is offering an attractive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced team environment.
Cheryl Slaney | Senior Recruiter | email@example.com
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.