Higher Talent is currently seeking visionary and engaging leadership candidates for the position of Executive Director for our client, Lionel Kelland Hospice (LKH), located in Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland and Labrador.
WHO WE ARE:
The Lionel Kelland Hospice will be the first family-centred, community-based residential Hospice in Newfoundland and Labrador. Inspired by one man’s compassion and the belief that all families deserve a dignified end-of-life journey, Lionel Kelland Hospice is moving from idea to reality. In 2014, a group of health care professionals in the Central Region began exploring options to address the gap that exists in the health care continuum for end-of-life care. Through research and support from the Canadian Palliative Care Association, the group identified the most viable option as a 10-bed residential hospice (a home away from home for palliative residents who no longer need to remain in hospital, but for various reasons are unable to be cared for at home). To learn more about Who We Are, visit: https://lionelkellandhospice.ca/.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the key senior leader at the Hospice, responsible for managing all resources to ensure the delivery of quality hospice palliative care and creating a workplace that attracts, retains, and nurtures engaged employees and volunteers. Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership – drives clarity of the vision, mission, and values (Care-Dignity-Respect) of the Hospice, exercising compassion and skill to ensure dignified resident-focused care and family-centered support.
- Financial Planning and Management – develop a comprehensive budget, oversee funding initiatives, and ensure that sound internal controls are in place for accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Operations Management – develop and execute an annual operational plan that supports the strategic direction of the Hospice to ensure the effectiveness and continuous improvement of programs and services.
- Communications and Advocacy – serve as principal spokesperson for the Hospice, promote hospice palliative care, and represent LKH at events. Develop and maintain impactful and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders to help achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Human Resource Management – ensure all aspects of human resources and volunteer management contribute to a culture of compassion and excellence.
- Quality Improvement, Risk Management and Resident Safety – ensure compliance with Accreditation Canada Standards through assessing, managing, evaluating, and mitigating risks to our people (staff, volunteers, and residents), property, finances, and image.
- Resident and Family Care – in consultation with Residents and Families, oversee all programs and services directed to resident/family care in partnership with the Medical Director and a team of professionals.
- Marketing, Communications and Revenue Development – provide strategic guidance and direction to successfully achieve fundraising goals and objectives of the organization.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Five or more years of progressive senior leadership, management, and fundraising experience, preferably in a health care related organization and/or charity. Community or residential hospice/palliative care or other complementary health care field experience would be an asset.
- University degree preferably in business, marketing and/or health/medical/nursing sciences, or equivalent sector leadership and management experience.
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation would be an asset.
- Well developed strategic management and operational planning skills including strong financial acumen.
- Compassion, resilience, and inspirational leadership to lead staff and volunteers to excel as a team.
- Exemplary team building, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent issues, projects, and tasks.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Excellent assessment, decision making, problem solving, priority setting, and critical thinking skills
OUR COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYMENT EXCELLENCE:
- We offer an attractive Total Compensation package which includes a benefits program and an engaging onboarding program. A detailed position description is available upon request.
If you are a visionary leader who inspires staff and volunteers to provide exemplary service in a collaborative and empathetic manner and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher Talent | https://highertalent.ca/
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.