Higher Talent is currently seeking dynamic candidates for the position of Executive Director for our client, Newfoundland & Labrador Employers Council.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
The NL Employers Council is the only province- wide business advocacy organization that represents and connects senior business leaders from all industries. The Employers’ Council’s membership consists of Newfoundland and Labrador’s largest and most economically significant employers. Established in 1982, the Employers’ Council provides a strong collective voice for the province’s business leaders. To find out more, click https://nlec.nf.ca/
The ideal candidate will advocate for NL Employer Council will provide leadership and overall strategic and operational responsibility, that includes goals and performance measures for all aspects of council’s operation. The Executive Director should be committed to the NL Employers Council’s vision and have proven leadership, public relations, and relationship management experience. This role is responsible for implementing programs, polices and procedures of the Board of Directors of the Newfoundland and Labrador Employers’ Council.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Direct the planning of Council activities to meet the directions set by the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Board in developing the long-range goals and formulate annual objectives in line with the strategic plan.
- Prepare performance reports on achievements of goals and objectives.
- Assess member needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provide orientation for new members and directors.
- Oversee and continuously improve the information, advisory, and communication services of Council.
- Coordinate and manage the advocacy services of Council and manage expenditures within the budget.
- Resolve member complaints and enquiries in a sensitive, diplomatic manner.
- Raise enough revenue to accomplish significant program goals.
- Oversee and continuously improve control and operation of the financial system for Council.
- Direct the organization of workshops, conferences, and other events in accordance with decisions of the Board.
- Evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of programs, and make revisions as deemed necessary.
- Effectively manage human resources internally and prepare salary recommendations for Executive consideration.
- Maintain professional surroundings and ensure safe working environment.
- Ensure that press releases are issued in accordance with Board direction.
- Be a spokesperson with the Chair of the Board, for Council with the media.
- Establish and maintain linkages with other organizations.
- Within the policies of the Board, promote Council in order to make other organizations more aware of Council and its activities and to increase membership.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant Government departments and agencies.
- Represent Council’s policy on Board and committees, as appropriately appointed by Council.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Minimum of 10 years of senior management experience with a deep understanding of Newfoundland and Labrador’s business environment, supplemented with relevant Post-Secondary Education.
- High level training in leadership, non profit management experience or business administration.
- A proven consensus builder with strong transformational leadership skills.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders and initiate change.
- Strong public speaking ability coupled with media training experience.
- Possess analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and mature judgement.
If you are a resilient & dynamic leader, who have these qualifications,
and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Krista Tapper, Senior HR Consultant | email@example.com
Higher Talent Inc. | www.highertalent.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.