Higher Talent is currently seeking dynamic candidates for the position of Executive Director for our client, The Egg Farmers of Newfoundland and Labrador.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
The Egg Farmers of Newfoundland and Labrador is a Commodity Board governing the production of eggs across the Province of Newfoundland & Labrador. The EFNL collaborates with local egg farmers across the island to help raise healthy hens and produce eggs at a fair price for all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. Each Province of Canada has a provincial egg Board composed of a Board of Directors and a local Board office. To find out more, click here: https://nleggs.ca/.
The ideal candidate will oversee day to day operations and management of EFNL and keep the Board informed of all activities, plans, status, relationships with external bodies, organizations, and government. The Executive Director should be committed to the EFNL’s corporate strategy and have proven leadership, business/financial acumen, and relationship management experience. This position will assist the Board in developing the long-range goals, programs, polices, and formulate annual objectives in line with the strategic plan.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Work with staff and Chair to develop the annual budget, and throughout the year adhering to the approved (annual) Budget
- Provide detailed financial reporting on a quarterly basis to the Board on forecasts, YTD Income Statement, and Budget to YTD
- Build operational and financial models to accurately analyze and present information to the Board and/or Producers as required
- Create data models (and presentations as required) to support the EFNL office and staff for data organization and dissemination to stakeholders such as EFC and producers
- Ensure that financial reporting is prepared and reviewed with the Board
- Ensure internal controls are in place to maximize assets and to monitor financial management matters
- Oversee the activities of office and ensuring accurate data collection and reporting occurs in a timely and effective manner
- Implement mechanisms to ensure all producers adhere to regulatory and reporting requirements, and ensure regulations are enforced should a breach occur
- Represent the Board on various provincial, regional, and national committees
- Organize and lead the Annual General Meeting (AGM), which includes communicating the EFNL’s achievements and issues of importance in a highly professional manner
- Effectively manage Human Resources activities internally and ensure that parameters and guidelines set out in all human resources policies of the EFNL are followed
- Developing detailed proposals to funding agencies for routine and special projects as required
- Liaise extensively with professional advisory including Accounting, Legal, and Marketing professionals as required on a regular basis
- Develop field protocols, as required, for example as relates to regulatory changes in the industry and liaise extensively from time-to-time with field staff and producers on relevant issues
- Participate (and travel as required) in provincial and national meetings with core and adjacent stakeholders
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Minimum of 10 years of senior management experience supplemented with relevant post-secondary education
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent strategic management and operational planning skills including strong financial acumen
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to unforeseen circumstances
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, including relevant Government departments and agencies
- Possess analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact, diplomacy, and mature judgement
If you are a results orientated leader, who have these qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Krista Tapper, Senior HR Consultant | firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher Talent Inc. | www.highertalent.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.