Higher Talent is currently seeking dynamic candidates for the position of Executive Director for our client located in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Executive Director will represent the organization’s best interests and guide the strategic development and promotional opportunities of the seafood industry throughout the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Who We Are:
Our client is a leading not-for-profit organization in Atlantic Canada that passionately advocates on behalf of its members to facilitate and promote responsible development within the seafood industry.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Leading, developing, and executing the strategic plan of the organization.
- Overseeing human resource management, financial operations, and project management functions.
- Developing and maintaining strong collaborative relations with stakeholders and government.
- Act as the key public spokesperson representing the views and interests of the organization to appropriate local, national, and international forums.
- Proactively draft policies for Board approval and as well as regularly reviewing existing policies and procedures and recommending changes as appropriate.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong knowledge of the seafood industry, including familiarity with provincial and federal regulatory regimes, and the business environment for the seafood industry locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Demonstrated experience in member relations, public advocacy, collaborative government (provincial and federal) relations, including acquisition of funding.
- Well developed communication, media relation, public speaking, presentations, and facilitation skills.
- Substantial management experience in strategic planning, leading people, financial operations, and project execution.
- Well developed event management abilities including the organization of conferences and tradeshows.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who demonstrates passion for the work, takes initiative with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit member-based organizations and/or association operations.
Our Work Environment:
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- Travel throughout Newfoundland and Labrador will be required; and occasionally national/international travel.
If you are a highly motivated strategic leader and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information about this leadership opportunity, please contact:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | email@example.com
Higher Talent | https://highertalent.ca/
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.