Higher Talent is seeking a Vice President of Finance for a locally owned private company. This is a full-time permanent, office-based role in St. John’s.
As the VP of Finance, you will report to the President and oversee financial operations for a growing organization. You will supervise an accounting team and be a strong team player within the senior leadership group and the organization.
- Overseeing all financial functions of the organization – Financial Reporting, Treasury, Capital Structure, and Risk Management.
- Managing the budget, forecast and cash flow analysis process.
- Supervising and mentoring the accounting and finance team.
- Overseeing the reporting of financial information to all stakeholders.
- Managing the entire audit process.
- Arranging financing where needed, ongoing management of bank and investor relationships.
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Understanding, implementing and monitoring all financial control systems.
- Other duties as required.
- 8 + years of progressive accounting experience
- 3 + years of management and leadership experience, including involvement in strategic planning.
- Professional Accounting designation is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of various accounting system(s) is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- Time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes group insurance and annual leave.
Ashley Verge | Recruitment Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org | Jump Recruitment and Higher Talent | www.jumpcareers.ca www.highertalent.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.